2012-13 Winter Swim Lessons
Winter swim classes are held at 5:00 PM, 5:30 PM and 6:00 PM, Monday and Wednesday evenings with a maximum class size of five students. Eight 1/2 hour classes are offered which include safety skills for all levels. Non-member sign-up is the Wednesday following the start of member sign-up. During the winter, the club's office opens at 10 AM for sign-ups.
Our Swim Lessons' Program is available for those aged 3 and over. Classes are limited to five students per class. Cost: $42.00 ($75.00 for non-members) per session per child.
Winter lessons are available to members and non-members. Except for medical reasons, no refunds will be given after first day of class.
Swim Lesson Classes offered:
Level I: Introduction to Water Skills
- Enter unassisted, move 5 yards, bob 5 times to chin level and safely exit the water. (Participants can walk, travel along the gutter or "swim")
- Float on front with support for 3 seconds, roll to back (with assistance) and float on back with support for 3 seconds.
Level II: Fundamental Aquatic Skills
- Step from side into chest-deep water, move into a front float for 5 seconds, roll over to a back float, return to standing position, then move back to a back float for 5 seconds and return to a standing position.
- Push off and swim using a combination of arm and leg actions for 15 feet on the front: push off and swim using a combination of arm and leg actions for 15 feet on the back.
Level III: Stroke Development
- Jump into chest-deep water from the side, swim front crawl for 15 yards with face in the water and rhythmic breathing pattern (to front or side), maintain position by treading or floating for 30 seconds and swim back crawl for 15 yards.
Level IV: Stroke Improvement
- Perform a feet-first entry into chest-deep water, swim front crawl for 25 yards, maintain position on back 1minute in deep water (float or sculling) and swim elementary backstroke for 15 yards.
- Swim breaststroke for 15 yards, tread water for 1 minute and swim back crawl for 25 yards.
Level V: Stroke Refinement
- Perform a shallow dive into deep water, swim front crawl for 50 yards, maintain position on back for 2 minutes in deep water (float or scull) and swim elementary backstroke for 25 yards.
- Swim breaststroke for 25 yards, tread water for 2 minutes and swim back crawl for 50 yards.
Fitness Swimmer (Also see Novice Swim Team)
- This class is for the swimmer that has completed all previous lesson, but would like to continue further improvements to stroke in a group lesson atmosphere instead of a swim team setting.
- Please have your child take a shower before entering the pool.
- Make an effort to attend first class.
- Toddlers, please wear plastic pants, not disposable diapers.
- Little guys and gals with long hair should wear swim caps.
- Please have your child wait on the deck until an instructor is available to accompany your child in to the pool.
- Parents must stay in the seating area, not by the pool edge.
- Parents must be on the hot tub deck when child is using the hot tub. (Parents should consult their doctor about hot tub use for children 6 years and under.)